- 1-1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 oz unsweetened coconut cream
- 1- 1-1/2 tsp organic Turmeric
- 1/2 to 1 tsp organic Cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 tsp organic vanilla powder or extract
- Small pinch of black pepper
- Small pinch of cardamom
- 1 tsp organic ginger powder
~ 1 teaspoon raw honey or manuka honey for added sweetness
~ Small pinch of cayenne pepper if you want a tiny kick
~ 1 teaspoon of butter for added richness and a bolder flavor
Double the measurements for 2 servings!
Basically, throw it all in your Blendtec or Vitamix or Ninja or whatever you have and mix it together. We have a Blendtec and I put it on the soup setting to really thicken and heat it up. It comes out in a frappucini-like consistency. So stupid good.
Sometimes I like to have this after dinner as a dessert or treat, so I add the honey. Honey can be a great addition due to its antimicrobial nature. But the vanilla also goes a long way in making this drink taste slightly sweet, but not too sweet.
Y’all, the black pepper is an important ingredient as it helps to increase absorption, so don’t skip that one. I promise you can’t even taste it.
Some make it with real dairy, but that can aggravate digestion and negate the absorption and benefits of these healing spices.
The lists below provide information on the healing properties of Turmeric, Ginger and Cinnamon:
- purifies the blood
- reduces pain from arthritis
- speeds up wound/tissue healing
- supports immune function
- lowers cholesterol
- supports smooth digestion
- eases gas/bloating symptoms
- increases circulation
- helps to regulate blood sugar
- supports brain function
- acts as a diuretic
- can fight bad breath
- supports immune system
- reduces pain from arthritis, muscle aches and headaches
- relieves nausea, gas and bloating